Saturday, August 28, 2021

A Look Back

Just an image with a brief description today. (click through to look closely) This is a document I've never seen before. Obviously, it was preprinted as boilerplate to be distributed to all the small towns in the area. The person who posted it to Ancestry dated it to 1837. I haven't found an original source. Perhaps it originated with the American Anti-Slavery Society which was active at the time. But two of my relatives signed this antislavery petition: Cyrus Rogers and his son Amos are both on the signatures. They lived in Rutland, Massachusetts at the time. Cyrus was Jonathan's son. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Smiths- Some New Discoveries

  The Smiths First of all, I thought I'd better put up a reference tree for the cousins to check out before I launch into my new discove...